Tuesday, April 17, 2012

C4K Summary For April

children cartoon






C4K World Challenge Summary for April
This month we participated in a comment for kids world challenge. Our class had the opportunity to leave comments for kids around the world. This project was so much fun. We were able to make connections around the world. My favorite part was seeing what interest children from different places in the world. It is great that they are blogging already. I believe blogging is a great learning tool.

Lizzy's Blog
My first comment was for Lizzy. She is from Canada. Her post was about the things she did with her friends on the first snow day.

My Comment to Lizzy
Hi Lizzy, I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I like your post about what you did on the first snow day. I live in the southern part of the United States near the Gulf of Mexico. It almost never snows here. We worry more about hurricanes than snow.During my spring break, my family and I went to Orlando Florida, and we met several people from Canada. They told us about snow days. I did not know that there were days that they missed school because of the snow. I would love to visit a snowy place one day.


Noah's Blog
My second comment was for Noah. He is from Vermont. Noah lives in a small town, and they have cold winters and hot summers. Noah's post was about ten things people don't know about him. Noah lived in Florida for three years. He has six siblings, and he has a black belt in Karate.

My Comment for Noah
 Hi Noah, I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am taking a technology course called EDM310, and I began blogging in January. Now, I love blogging! I have learned so much from other people all over the world, since I started blogging. I really like your blog. Have you enjoyed blogging? I like the title and content of your post because it helps people to get to know you better. I can't believe you already have three nieces and two nephews. I have six nephews and four nieces. We had a slumber party during their spring break this week. I live in south Mississippi, and I visit Florida at least three to four times a year. My family and I love to go to the beach and canoeing there. What did you like most about living in Florida? My family is almost opposite of yours. There are six of us girls, and we have one brother. I love having a big family. It is so cool that you have a black belt in karate. I'm sure you had to work hard to receive your black belt.  What types of animals do you have? My daughter would love to have eighteen animals! She is always begging for any kind of animal. It was nice getting to know you. I am looking forward to reading your next post.

Noah's Reply
Noah replied to my comment with the answers to my questions. His favorite part of living in Florida was the Beach.

Second Comment on Noah's Blog
Noah's second post was about the rainforest. I am impressed that he showed concern about the environment and the animals. It is encouraging that young kids are getting involved in environmental concerns.
My Comment to Noah

My Comment For Noah
Hi Noah, I am so happy to see that you care about the rainforest and our environment. I am so sad when I hear of more rainforest being cut down. I also feel frustrated at the amount of trees that are being cut down right here in my hometown. Your post is a great way to get others to care, and hopefully some of them will become involved in protecting and planting trees. I have been buying the orange juice that has a website on the container that contributes to the protection of the rainforest. When you enter the code, they donate money that is used to protect and preserve parts of the rainforest. Have you ever read the book The Great Kapok Tree by Lynn Cherry? This year, I made a book trailer for this book. I hope it will get some other kids thinking like you!

Daniels Class Blog
My last comment in the world challenge was for Daniel.  He is A 3 year student at Pt. England School in Auckland, New Zealand. His video blog assignment was to make an introduction for his class game of Tee Ball. His challenge was to try to have varied sentence beginnings. He did a great job!

My Comment for Daniel
Hi Daniel, my name is Stephanie Hogue, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am taking a technology course called EDM310. Your video introduction for the class Tee ball game is great! I, especially,like the way that you varied your sentence beginnings. Keep up the great work!


world clip art

No comments:

Post a Comment