Sunday, March 4, 2012

C4K Summary for February

comments for kids



Reading students' blogs is so neat! I really liked being able to see what some of their classes are doing. The class blogs look like so much fun. I think that it is so great that they are learning so  much, and they are having fun at the same time.

Angel's Blog
The first blog that I commented on was Angel's Blog. This blog has interesting music. I didn't even know that you could put music on your blog. Angel's blog post was titled My Wish List. He had a few of his friends wishes listed, and he had his wish listed,as well. Angel's wish, was to be a member of an adventure quest. I think that is so cool. I love the imagination of kids.

My comment to Angel: I really like your class blog. The music is definitely a plus. I have not figured out how to put music on my class blog yet, but after seeing yours I know I need to work on this. Your post is interesting. I love that you show a good imagination. I want to be an explorer on a warm sunny tropical island!

Allison's Blog
My second c4k assignment was to comment on Allison's Blog. Allison was preparing to have a sleepover with her cousin. Her cousin is a college student, and she was only going to be home for a short time. Allison missed spending time with her cousin, and she was looking forward to all the things they were going to do at their sleepover.

My comment to Allison: Hi Allison, My name is Stephanie Hogue. I am a college student at the University of South Alabama. I am taking a technology course called EDM310. I am just getting started at learning how to blog, so you are probably way more advanced than I am. I think it is great that you are going to spend time with your cousin. When I was younger, I had much fun with my cousins. We also fixed each others hair. We liked to paint our nails, and dress up, as well. Another thing we liked to do, was make a tent out of blankets and sheets. My aunt sometimes helped us because it was hard to get it to stay in place. I hope the two of you have a great time!

Emily's Blog

My third c4k assignment was to comment on Emily's blog post. Emily's post was about the Pont Des Arts bridge in Paris. She gave a nice description and a picture of the bridge.This bridge is covered with many different locks of all shapes, colors, and sizes. They were put on the bridge by visitors, who hope to find their lock when they return.I had never heard of this bridge before, so it was very interesting.

My comment to Emily:Hi Emily, I am a student at the University of South Alabama, and I am taking a technology class called EDM310. My class is learning how to blog. I can see that you already have experience blogging. So far, blogging has been so much fun. Your blog post is a great geography lesson for me. I have never seen or heard of Pont Des Arts Bridge before I saw it on your post. This bridge is very interesting. Have you ever been to Paris? I have not, but I would love to go someday. Thanks for the interesting post!

Molly's Blog
My fourth c4k assignment was to comment on Molly's Blog. Molly is a tenth grader. Her blog is for a Modern World History Survey class. Her class starts with the Columbian exchange, and it ends with WWI. Her post was titled, Free Research Day; Vikings. She had a very informative post about the vikings. I learned some new things from Emily's post. I love history, so this was especially fun.

My comment to Molly: Hi Molly, My name is Stephanie Hogue. I am an Elementary Education student at the University of South Alabama. I am enrolled in a technology course called EDM310. I have only been blogging since January of this year. I think it is really neat that your History class uses a class blog. I enjoyed reading your post. I love history, and I have actually taken several more history classes than I need for my major. I learned several new things from your post. I did not know that swords were too expensive for most Viking soldiers. I just imagined that every Viking carried a sword. I also did not know that they didn't have a typical hierarchy of military officers.It seems like it would have been difficult to go to war without leaders. Learning new things every day is part of what makes blogging so neat! Thanks for the great post, and Good luck with your History class!

Special C4K Assignment

Our special C4K assignment from the class blog, was to watch a video and leave a comment for Lauren. I loved the video that Lauren made to show how well she understood the customary system. She did a great job on her video, and It really showed how well she understood the customary system. It was creative and well planned. Lauren's video had variety, which made it entertaining. After watching this video, I had more confidence. I realized that I had better catch up with students of this age, before I am ready to teach them.

My comment to Lauren: Hi Lauren, your video is impressive. It really conveyed how well you understand the customary system. I am a student at the University of South Alabama, and I am not  nearly as advanced as you are with technology. I love that your family helped you make your video. Having family support is wonderful. Thanks for sharing your video. It inspired me to be more creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment